Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Salem and Woodburn xOUT Groups Begin

The xOUT program continues it's growth! As of Tuesday January 5th 2010 all three sites will be offering the ex-offender program to youth already enrolled in the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) program in their areas.

Salem kicked off their program on Monday, January 4th with approximately eight members. Woodburn starts their program Tuesday January 5th with four members. Including the eight in Mcminnville, that is a total of 20 youth who will be helped to build skills, find employment and continue their education with xOUT program. Arbor's regular year round program continues with many more youth being served in the three sites.

The xOUT groups are peer led. Each group has a Team Leader who is responsible for making sure the members of the group are completing the tasks they are assigned and attending the required sessions. The Team Leader from McMinnville, Skylynn, has been visiting the other sites helping the new groups and Team Leaders get started. When asked about her experience with the xOUT program Skylynn says she's learned a lot in just the few short weeks she's been participating in xOUT. "I'm way more organized than I thought I could be! I'm learning that I can take charge and keep things under control. Everyone is telling me I'm doing a great job and that feels so good!!" Skylynn's success is just the beginning for the xOUT program. (Photo: Jim Maris - Project Director, Lydia Soria - Career Specialist Supervisor and seated Skylynn)

Employers who choose to hire xOUT members have access to a $5000 fidelity bond and a potentential tax credit under the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) program.

For more information about the xOUT program or our year round program please contact the site nearest you. See the contact information on the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment